Precautions for Lab Centrifuge Use
- Usually, centrifuges have a registration form. Please register the user, rotor type, rotation speed and time.
- The centrifuge pipe must be well balanced. Pay attention to the balance of positions when putting it into the centrifuge rotor. Never exceed the maximum rotating speed limit of the centrifuge machine or the centrifuge rotor.
- User can’t leave the centrifuge before the centrifuge reach the preset speed. If there is any abnormality, stop the machine immediately.
- Usually, user can know whether the centrifugation is normal or not by listening to the working sound of the centrifuge machine. User can also pay attention to the vibration of the centrifuge.
- After using samples of high salt solutions such as ammonium sulfate, be sure to clean the centrifuge rotor and clean the rotating chamber of the centrifuge.
- Because of the ultra high rotating speed and it is more complex, user need extra special training to use a ultra high speed centrifuge.
Ultra high speed centrifuges are also more complex due to their extremely high speed, which requires additional special training before they can be used.